Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

San Antonio, TX, USA - Riverwalk

I have written about San Antonio and the Riverwalk before (see here) so this is just an update on two particular points.

Firstly, I found an elevator just by the junction of St. Mary's St. and Houston St. I have rolled past this point at least twenty times before and never noticed this elevator (lift) so I thought I'd mention it!

Secondly, on this occasion I took a barge ride on the river. These barges have fairly level access (you might need to negotiate a level difference of a few inches) and there is space at the back by the guide to sit in your wheelchair. (Getting out of the chair into the main seating area is not really an option unless you can walk a little or are very dexterous). The downside is that you are sitting right by the diesel motor and the noise can drown out the guide's information. I found it a pleasant enough way to pass 30mins though and would recommend it. It is a good way to get oriented with the riverwalk also. I had the pleasure of doing it at Christmas time which, although cold, was well worth it for the lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment