Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Novotel Toulouse Centre Compans Caffarelli is convenient to the conference centre in Toulouse, and about a 20min wheel from Place Wilson in the centre. The hotel is set in pleasant surroundings with a nice urban park just behind it. These notes are intended to assist wheelchair users or handicapped travellers considering it as a place to stay while in Toulouse. I stayed here four years ago (see review here) and found it good, but I can no longer recommend it. The main change is to the bedroom.

The room was difficult to navigate. When I stayed here before, the gap between the end of the bed and the workdesk was a little tight, but I could reach all areas of the room with no great difficulty. However, now the gap between the bed and workdesk was much tighter – I estimate 600mm or less (24”) – and I was unable to pass through. This meant that half the room was inaccessible to me, including the workdesk, the power sockets, a chair and table, and the TV and TV remote control.  Apart from that the points made in the original review are still valid.  

Because of the difficulties navigating the room and getting in and out of the bath I would not recommend this hotel for wheelchair users travelling alone. Ambulant disabled, or wheelchair users with walkie companions would get by okay.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment